We are looking for a talented, community-minded Creative Producer passionate about delivering great work and supporting the people behind it.
This new role will be responsible for the smooth delivery of New Earth's projects and productions, from working with our Creative Engagement Manager and Creative Engagement Assistant to offer deeper engagement and audience development opportunities; to producing our main productions and identifying pathways for community talent and leadership development.
Whilst we encourage applicants from across the UK, this role would particularly suit someone with roots and regional knowledge of the North of England or the Midlands. The role will include travelling to our Academy training hubs and touring venue partners within those regions, as well as remote working.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the New Earth team to produce all aspects of selected New Earth projects, including productions, exhibitions, audio projects, scratch nights, listening sessions, residencies, audience development events and shadowing/assisting opportunities.
- Actively seek and cultivate future opportunities and creative legacy pathways for participants within the New Earth programme and/or with regional organisations and venues.
- Represent the Company in networking events and artists gatherings in the North and/or the Midlands.
- Build projects and opportunities with environmental sustainability in mind, using resources such as the Theatre Green Book and other literature.
- Working with the Creative Engagement Manager to support the formation and growth of community hubs in the regions.
- Support the Creative Engagement Manager to lead relevant project evaluations, including capturing data, collecting participants feedback, findings from listening sessions, evaluation with facilitators and partners and compiling end of project reports.
- A minimum of three years of professional producing experience across a range of scales.
- A good knowledge of the arts landscape and venues in the North/the Midlands (based on applicant’s location).
- A passion for the arts and deep interest in community engagement.
- Experience of working effectively in a team both in person and remotely.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Great understanding of the production process, including project management, budget management and communication.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office and good knowledge in social media platforms/tools.
- Experience of developing and managing talent pathways.
- Experience of audience development and/or community engagement in the arts.
- Share our values of collaboration, access, inclusion and equity.
From £30,000 pro rata (£24,000 on a 4 day a week basis)
32 hours per week across at least four days
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Creative Producer Application” with the following documents:
- An up-to-date CV
- A cover letter (up to 2 sides of A4), video (up to 8 minutes) or audio recording (up to 8 minutes)
- 2 professional references
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form
If you would like an initial informal conversation about the role, do contact the email above to arrange a phone call with Lian Wilkinson (Executive Director).
The deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 12th February 2024.
We will notify applicants with the outcome by email, with shortlisted applicants being invited to an interview. Interviews will take place online late February 2024.
New Earth Theatre is a Disability Confident Employer and guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If you require any adjustments for the interview process, please let us know.
This post is generously funded by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.